Updated: Jan 31
Are you nervous about your next interview? It's understandable. You've invested hours into practicing, researching companies and preparing yourself for common questions. Being cut off from the interviewer during an important part of the hiring process can be intimidating, to say the least. But being able to speak freely without worrying about what you are wearing or how much noise there is on your end of the line will actually work in your favor.
How can you make this work to your advantage, and make sure that during the interview process you put your best foot forward? Here are a few tips on how to handle an upcoming remote job interview:
1. Be responsive. Prospective employers may ask for a quick response to their work from home interview questions, because they are considering many candidates. It's important for you to be able to give an answer in real time, or to work with them on scheduling a meeting when it best suits your schedule. When the work from home request comes up in an interview, don't view it as a distraction. View this as an opportunity to work for a company that recognizes work from home is beneficial for both employees and employers. You can work remotely, but still remain flexible with your time!
2. Have the appropriate technology ready to go. The two most common work at home tools are Skype and Zoom. If you're offered an upcoming work from job interview via one of these work platforms, make sure you're able to work on it. Make sure that your work space is clean and free of any distractions (especially pets) and that the technology works properly. You can tell a company how much you want to work for them - but if the technology isn't working during an interview, they might be hesitant to work with you.
3. Treat work from home as if you were actually in the office space. This work from home interview tip comes directly from a hiring manager of a work from job company themselves! Many remote companies will actually have work from home employees come into the office once a week for a day to make sure that they are on the same work page as everyone else. This work from home tip is a great way for prospective employees to work their way up into a work from office environment - and also gives you an opportunity to see if this work form home job is the right fit for you!
4. Find a quiet space with no distractions. This work from work interview tip is something that you can work on before an actual work from home job interview to ensure that your work form home work space is free of distractions. Even if you are the alone, several things can happen to distract you . Whether it's a crying baby next door or work pets , there's always something that could bother you. Find a work from home space that gives you work from work interview room to work, and make sure that there aren't any obstacles.
5. Don't be afraid to ask questions related to the work from work interview questions they have asked you! If you're working on an upcoming remote job interview via phone, take notes during work work interview questions and take the time to think work work job interview through your work work form home answers. If you feel like there is work work form home more that you need to know about a work from job opportunity, don't be afraid to let them know!
Are you ready to learn more about how to ace your next remote job interview? Feel free to check out our other posts on the remote job world.